Become a professional and dive every day!
Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba diving begins with the PADI Divemaster program. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, in this program you expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. PADI Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for both the PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
WHAT CAN A PADI DIVEMASTER DO?
- Work at local dive centers, on live-aboard dive boats, yachts and at exotic resort locations
- Assist PADI Instructors with students
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers - Teach PADI Discover Snorkeling programs
- Conduct PADI Scuba Review programs for certified divers
- Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experiences
- Lead PADI Scuba Divers on guided dive tours
WHAT DO I NEED TO START?
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or qualifying certification from another training organization
- PADI Rescue Diver certification or qualifying certification from another training organization
- Medical clearance signed by a physician
- 20 logged dives (60 logged dives to get Certification)
- 18 years old
WHAT WILL I DO?
- Knowledge Development Through independent study, videos and Instructor lectures, you will cover 12 topics in the knowledge development module and then complete 8 Divemaster exams (75% pass rate or makeup).
WATER SKILLS & STAMINA
- The Water Skills and Stamina module will develop and evaluate your overall watermanship skills. Not only will you complete several timed swimming exercises but also brush up on your rescue skills.
- This allows you to learn and practice divemaster skills by applying what you’ve learnt from the Knowledge Development and Water Skills & Stamina modules. You will complete exercises such as mapping, underwater problem solving and managing a dive accident scenario.
- When all the required training exercises have been completed you will then have a chance to develop and practice divemaster skills with actual students and divers (under Instructor supervision).
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
- The course can be completed over 5 weeks - 5 class and pool sessions, (typically class Tuesday evening and pool Thursday evening, although other schedules may be arranged).
- The internship will follow one Open Water class over the full 4 week class and pool schedule, as well as the Open Water Weekend.
WHAT WILL I NEED?
- Divemaster Training Pkg (included) (Text, slates, application pkg)
- Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving (included)
The student will be expected to own or rent all equipment required for the course. Cost covers enrollment & administrative fees, boat fees & instructor fees.
Sailing into incredible sunsets could be the rule, not the exception. There are thousands of positions available for PADI Pros all around the world.
Becoming a PADI Instructor gives you the freedom to teach either part-time or full-time, locally or overseas, and to different certification levels.
Why Go Pro with PADI?
- Most People choose PADI courses.
- Most Dive Centres & Resorts employ PADI Professionals.
- PADI Dive Centres are located in over 183 countries.
Want more information? Visit the teach diving section of padi.com for all the info including video testimonials from PADI instructors about the amazing lifestyle.
So when was the last time you said "I love my job"?
Contact us today for a chat about becoming a PADI Instructor and start living the dream!
START YOUR DIVE MASTER COURSE WITH Mississauga Diving ! CALL NOW 1-888-463-4837